What is Plant Health Care?
We’re so glad you asked! Plant health care (PHC) is all about protecting the health and vitality of your trees and shrubs with preventative maintenance.
With over 10 years of PHC experience, our knowledgeable team can provide a complete analysis of your specific tree and soil environments along with a comprehensive tree protection and monitoring plan.
While this page provides a high-level overview, you can click on the picture to the right to read an in-depth description of the importance of quality plant health care.
Introducing ArborWISE by Carolina Tree Care
We understand that the term “plant health care” doesn’t mean a lot to most of you. It’s why we dedicated an entire area of our site to better inform and educate you. It’s also why we call our plant health care program ArborWISE by Carolina Tree Care.
You can rest assured that the tree care advice we provide will be wise, well-informed, and simple to understand. With years of experience and professional certifications, we’ll design custom treatment plans based on the latest tried-and-true methodologies to get your trees and shrubs in top health.
To learn more about our ArborWISE program, click here!
Invest in your tree’s health
Removing and replacing landscaping can be a very expensive proposition and, often times, an unnecessary one. With a plant health care program, you can maintain or improve the value of your landscape, protect your exterior investment, and make your property green and lush – the way nature intended.
While it is true that poor tree health can result in disease and infestation, you can help to avoid that problem by proactively developing the proper health care plan for the specific needs of your trees.
Tailored to meet your unique needs
For the best ongoing care and success of your landscape, you need a plant health care program that’s specific to your property. We always start by evaluating your tree’s growing conditions and current health. Then, we’ll determine which treatments would benefit your trees the most.
A PHC plan may include any of the following services:
We can treat individual insect or disease issues or create a customized preventative plan to keep your trees healthy. Our extensive PHC options provide the most practical solutions to ensure the longevity of your landscape.
Headquartered in Concord, NC, we proudly offer plant health care services to residents and commercial property managers across the Charlotte, Greensboro, and Raleigh/Durham, NC areas — and we’re ready to work with you.
Seeking a deeper dive on plant health care? Take a look at our plant health care FAQs: Everything you’ve always wanted to know about plant health care (but were too afraid to ask).
But wait, there’s more on tree bugs and pests!
While we have a lot of information on this page and even more on our I Have Tree Bugs! page, we also keep our readers abreast of plant health care issues through our regularly updated blog. Feel free to search the blog at any time, but below is a quick reference of blog topics on tree diseases and pests for you.
Seasonal advice for healthy trees
- Protect Evergreens, Shrubs, and Trees with a Late Summer Foliar Treatment
- Early Season Defoliators vs. Late Season Defoliators
- It’s Time To Schedule Your Yard’s Fall Fertilization
- Prep Your Trees Before Winter Storms Arrive
- How To Winterize Willow Oak Trees
- Yard Goals: A Blossoming 2020
- Is Too Much Rain A Bad Thing for Tree Roots?
Preventative treatments for tree health
- Your Next DIY Project: Tree Banding
- Fall Tree Care Tips to Prevent Winter Burn on Your Evergreens
- It’s Time to Band Your Trees from Cankerworms
Bug-specific blog posts
- Help! I Need Somebody (for my Ambrosia Beetles)
- New Pest to the Southeastern US: Crape Myrtle Bark Scale
- Cankerworms – All You Need To Know About Those Little Green Worms
- Crape Myrtle Bark Scale
- Uninvited Visitors: Woolly Aphids
Tree- and plant-specific blog posts
- Sighted in Midland, NC: Dying Arborvitae
- Browning Leyland Cypress found in Waxhaw, NC
- Keep Your Azaleas Happy & Healthy
- Not All Clovers Are Lucky
- Protect Your Bradford Pear Trees
- Raleigh, NC, the City of Oaks
And all-around great DIY tree and landscape advice
Carolina Tree Care would love to work with you.
We understand the importance of caring for your trees in a safe, responsible way.
Contact us today to work with a team you can trust.