What is Plant Health Care?
We’re so glad you asked! Plant Health Care (PHC) is a process of scheduled preventative maintenance to protect the health and vitality of your trees and plants.
With over ten years of PHC experience, our knowledgeable team provides a complete analysis of your specific tree and soil environments along with a comprehensive tree protection and monitoring plan.
While this page provides a high-level overview, click on the picture to the right to read an in-depth description of the importance of quality plant health care.
Introducing ArborWISE by Carolina Tree Care
We understand that the term “plant health care” doesn’t mean a lot to most of you. It’s why we dedicated an entire area of our site to better inform and educate you. It’s also why we call our certified plant health care program ArborWISE by Carolina Tree Care. It’s our guarantee to you that your plants and trees are in good hands. We’ll ensure the tree care advice we provide to you is wise, well-informed and simple to understand.
With years of experience and professional certifications, we design custom treatment plans based on current and tried-and-true methodologies.
Care for your valuable tree health investment
Removing and replacing landscaping can be a very expensive proposition and, often times, an unnecessary one. With a plant health care program, you can maintain or improve the value of your landscape, protect your exterior investment and make your property green and lush – the way nature intended.
While it is true that poor tree health can result in disease and infestation, you can help to avoid that problem by proactively determining the proper health care plan for the specific needs of your trees. The first step to healthier trees is proper fertilization. Deep root fertilization has long lasting benefits and is the perfect start to maintaining the health of your trees.
Tailored to meet your unique needs
Plant Health Care programs are specific to each individual property for the best ongoing care and success of the landscape.
The program begins with an ISA Certified Arborist’s evaluation of your trees’ growing conditions and current health. A PHC plan may include any of the following services:
- Insect/Disease Control
- Deep Root Fertilization
- Micro Nutrients
- Root and Soil Stimulation
- Micro Injection
- Macro Infusions
- Growth Regulator Treatments
- Soil Analysis
We can treat individual insect or disease issues or create a customized preventative plan to keep your trees healthy.
Our extensive PHC options provide the most practical solutions that ensure the longevity of your landscape.
Headquartered in Concord, NC, we proudly offer plant healthcare services to residents and commercial property managers across the Charlotte, Greensboro, Raleigh, Durham and Winston-Salem greater metropolitan areas—and are ready to work with you.
Seeking a deeper dive on plant health care? Take a look at our plant health care FAQs: Everything you’ve always wanted to know about plant health care (but were too afraid to ask).
But wait, there’s more on tree bugs and pests!
While we have a lot of information on this page and even more on our I Have Tree Bugs! page, we also keep our readers abreast of plant healthcare issues through our regularly updated blog. Feel free to search the blog at any time but below is a quick reference of blog topics on tree diseases and pests for you.
Seasonal Advice for Healthy Trees
- This Summer, Banish Bagworms for Good
- Protect Evergreens, Shrubs, and Trees with a Late Summer Foliar Treatment
- Early Season Defoliators vs. Late Season Defoliators
- It’s Time To Schedule Your Yard’s Fall Fertilization
- On This Season’s To-Do List: Fall Fertilization
- Prep Your Trees Before Winter Storms Arrive
- Tree Bracing and Cabling for Winter Storms
- How To Winterize Willow Oak Trees
- Safety First: Christmas Trees
- Top 5 Yard Goals to Tackle this Winter
- Is Too Much Rain A Bad Thing for Tree Roots?
Preventative Treatments for Tree Health
- Your Next DIY Project: Tree Banding
- A Mulching Matter
- Identify Trees with Chlorosis
- Dormant Oils: Control Pests Without Harsh Chemicals
- It’s Time to Band Your Trees from Cankerworms
Bug-specific Blog Posts
- Help! I Need Somebody (for my Ambrosia Beetles)
- New Pest to the Southeastern US: Crepe Myrtle Bark Scale
- Pine Sawfly
- Systemic Pesticide – Cankerworms Greatest Fear
- Cankerworms – All You Need To Know About Those Little Green Worms
- Crepe Myrtle Bark Scale
- Uninvited Visitors: Woolly Aphids
Tree- and Plant-specific Blog Posts
- Sighted in Midland, NC: Dying Arborvitae
- Browning Leyland Cypress found in Waxhaw, NC
- Keep Your Azaleas Happy & Healthy
- Not All Clovers Are Lucky
- Protect Your Bradford Pear Trees
- Raleigh, NC, the City of Oaks
And all-around great DIY tree and landscape advice